1 cup dried adzuki beans, soaked for at least 8 hours
1/4 kent pumpkin, roasted with skin on
1 tbsp chives
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp minced garlic
coconut flour (as much required to soak up excess moisture)
1. Rinse adzuki beans well after soaking, place in large pot covered with twice as much water. Bring to the boil and simmer until the beans are soft. Let them cool.
2. Place cool roasted pumpkin and all other ingredients (beside coconut flour) into a large mixing bowel, I use a potato masher to mix everything in together. Drain the adzuki beans well and add to the pumpkin mixture, it might be easier to add them in batches and use the potato masher again to squish it altogether.
3. At this stage, the consistency should be similar to mashed potato (perhaps a little chunker), coconut flour can be sprinkled to ensure the mixture can be easily formed into patties.
4. Use around two tablespoons of mixture per patty, put the patties on a tray with baking paper and leave in the fridge for half an hour.
5. Dry fry or in a little coconut oil the patties until slightly brown on each side then finish off in 180C oven for 10-15 minutes.
Tastes yum served with salad and some spicy sauce.. enjoy!