This slice is packed full of nutritious ingredients but more importantly, is a great alternative to sugar-laden muesli bars or other unhealthy snacks. It is great for active people - both men and women and satisfies hunger for hours while sustaining balanced blood sugar. Guys if you are sick of drinking alot of protein shakes throughout the day or after training, try eating this instead but you may need to add more protein powder to the mix.
All ingredients are available at most health food stores/grocers so don't worry if you haven't heard of them, they are easy to find.
2 scoops vanilla or plain protein powder (try an all natural brand)
1 cup rolled oats*
½ cup raw nuts such as almonds, cashews or peanuts*
¼ cup raw cacao powder*
½ cup cold-pressed unrefined coconut oil*
¼ cup rapadura sugar or maple syrup*
3 tbsp 100% natural peanut butter
2 tbsp coconut flour*
1 cup of water
(Note: *denotes preferably organic)
1. Put into a food processor – nuts and oats and process until breadcrumb consistency
2. Place processed nuts and oats into a bowl with protein powder, cacao powder and coconut flour, mix together.
3. In a pan over a very low heat, mix together coconut oil, sugar or maple syrup and peanut butter until combined (should only take a couple of minutes)
4. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, add water in small amounts as you may not need it all, mixture should resemble a cookie dough consistency
5. Press mixture into a small rectangular pan which is lined with baking paper and press in firmly with knuckles
6. Place in refrigerator and consume once set J
7. **optional – bake for 10 mins at 150⁰C for a crunchier texture.